SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scrappy25

Please review new layout

scrappy25
14 years ago

I am planning a kitchen expansion/renovation. Previously.I posted a u-shaped kitchen layout with just a kitchen bumpoutand got lots of good comments, but after visiting relatives in California over the holidays, I really liked the open concept more and have decided to bump out the back of the family room area as well, to add a TV room open to the kitchen.

1. We are a family of five, with boys ages 19, 15, and 12. The oldest is away at college.I would like to expand the kitchen so that it is large enough to hold family gatherings including future significant others and spouses of our boys at holidays.

2. We host a weekly bible study, 10-12 people, and always start with goodies in the kitchen.

3.My husband is insistent on the separate eating area.

4. The large desk is necessary as I am in radiology and need several monitors for emergencies from the hospital in off-hours.

5. There is an existing small closet pantry. I have an additional 24 inch pantry with pullouts, as well as a second refrigerator in the basement.

6. The door in the upper left (beside the 6" broom closet) leads to the new (not yet constructed) screened porch.

Appliances:

Gagg 27" combi steam over Wolf 30" L series oven

Thermador 600 cfm under cabinet hood over 36 inch Gagg induction cooktop

Paneled subzero 642, 42" fridge

Wolf MW, can be changed

Bosch 800 series DW

DW #2 TBA

Small mw for over coffeemaker appliance garage TBA

Questions:

1. What is your overall feeling for the workflow? I have tried to create the different zones, but also have two work "triangles''- the one with the cooktop/prepsink/main fridge and the one with the coffeemaker/small mw/cleanup sink/undercounter fridge. I envision the latter as the morning/breakfast prep area.

2. The addition starts between the table and the island, where it says "fixed wall with pipes". It will have a shed roof. Where in this roof would you put skylights?

3. Note that the sink run cabinets will be 30 inches deep with 16 inch deep uppers.

4. The wall cabinets will be cream with light coffee glaze, mitered corners. The island may be a painted taupe with glaze. I originally planned a dark wood island but my husband really didn't want that.

5. I havn't really thought about the addition to the right, the TV room addition, at all. I will need some mudroom type cabinets there also. If anyone has any light bul ideas for that area, please post!

thank you!!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!