SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redfoxco

Please review my kitchen layout!

redfoxco
8 years ago

I'm just starting to work on the layout for my new kitchen and would love to get some input from the good folks on this forum.

This is new construction. We're currently a family of 4: me, DH, "Baby J" (6 months), and "Little Napoleon" (2.5 years). DH and I cook quite a bit and are often in the kitchen together. Little Napoleon likes to "help" ... and especially "supervise". Baby J is already stating his opinion on being included in all things, so basically everyone is in the kitchen a lot.

We want to have family dining at the kitchen island with seating for at least 4 people (6 would be ideal) and room to keep a high chair and "kitchen helper" stool nearby for the next few years without blocking a major walkway. The island seating should wrap around so that we can face each other during family meals.

We'll have two sinks: one for clean-up (dishes) and another for prep. I'd like to have the clean-up sink in front of the window. I'm thinking the prep sink can either go on the island or to the right of the cooktop. I want to keep the portion of the island nearest the garage clear so that I can unload groceries there.

For appliances, we're planning on:

• 36" induction cooktop

• 30" double wall oven (maybe a steam oven or speed oven on top)

• 24" dishwasher

• Microwave is TBD, just NOT over the cooktop

• Optional under-counter beverage/wine fridge

• Optional under-counter ice maker

• We're debating what to do about a fridge/freezer. I drew in a 32" all-fridge + 32" all-freezer combo. However, we currently have a new-ish 36" counter depth french door fridge/freezer that we could keep. If we keep it, we'll also keep our freezer which would go in the garage or pantry (if I can find a way to make it fit).

Here's my current design with dimensions ... critique away!

Comments (23)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor