SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluesky88

mold smell

bluesky88
17 years ago

We closed on a loft in northwestern MA at the end of 2005. The building is a former textile mill, a brick structure built around 1820. There are 40 units, all new interior construction, since the building was just 4 floors of wide open space prior to 2004.

Everytime we go back to our apartment in NY, I am disturbed by the smell of mold on just about all of our belongings that were with us at the loft. DH doesn't notice it the way I do and it's bothering me. We have a new (miele) washing machine there, none in NY, so I was so happy to do laundry there. The clothes washed up there smell like mold when we get them back to NY. (No dryer, I hang the clothes to dry) I've hung them all over the loft to find a spot where they don't smell. Haven't found one. Constantly smelling the freshly washed laundry has definitely sapped the pleasure out of doing laundry. I'm embarrassed that someone will smell this on my clothes when I go to work.

Our neighbors don't smell anything and they go back and forth to Boston.

When I return to work, I smell it on the backpack that I take up there with me, and on the paperwork that's inside.

I don't know where to begin to look for the source of the smell in the loft.

PLEASE..........suggestions?

Thank you!

Comments (9)