SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynn2012

Harps to Raise a Lamp's Shade Higher

susanlynn2012
16 years ago

Did anyone ever use a 2PC Harp Attachment to raise a lamp shade higher about 1 or 2"?

My current harp is 8" high on my Kara beautiful crystal lamp on my little iron table on the right side of my bed and I think if it is 9" high the 2.7" difference in lamp shades (with the Madie on the bigger Junior Chest) will become 1.75" difference and not bother my eyes. I like the 10" idea but then I worry there will be a little more of the stem showing. Right now the shade it comes with is so long that hardly any chrome stem shows that is above the crystals while my other lamp has 1" showing that is on the other table.

I am starting to not mind the size difference since I love both unique lamps so much and it makes me happy to see them.

My friend feels I should just get white swing arm lamps to solve the problem and keep one of the crystal lamps to put on the farthest right on my junior chest on the right of the bed for more light. I have thought about it but I really love the look of the crystal lamps around my bed.

What does everyone think?

I tried asking the question in my lamp post but it is buried and no one is reading it anymore.

I do love my bedroom the way it is evolving and I feel blessed to have been able to achieve what I aimed to design with the help of all of you. I still want to add sheers panels and two small pictures and another vase of silk flowers.

Here is a link that might be useful: 10 Inch 2PC Detachable Harp for a lamp

Comments (12)