SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kandt_gw

wwyd with prep sink--function vs. form? HELP!

kandt
15 years ago

HI all:

I had posted these pics a longgg time ago and we are progressing with our remodel. I had changed some things and today, my GC put a mock up of our island (4 x 5 ft, but that's another post.

If you look at the link, I have made some changes.

1. Where frig/oven is drawn, instead is a 48 " frig/freezer (standard sxs arrangement--freezer on L, frig on r) opposite island

2. oven was moved next to trash.

2. I currently have drawn prep sink on L side, but in the latest rendition, I have switched it to R side of island

Here was my thinking on that:

it would be easier to unload things from frig to prep area (I imagine doing most of my prep on island), I would open frig, unload veggies by plopping them right at the prep area, then walking to the prep area and rinsing in sink to my right. Cooktop would be directly behind me, so I would chop and turn.

The counter area between door and oven grew to 30 inches so there would be no cooktop behind the prep sink.

However, making that move, as functional as it sounds, means that my prep sink and main sink are opposite one another.

How weird would that look and in this case, would you then just leave the prep sink on the L side of the island, in spite of it being less functional???

I sure hope I made sense and I would love any and all comments--I'm thinking I will have to make a decision tomorrow! HELPPPP!!!! (TIA!)

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (11)