SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claire_de_luna

Cooking spatulas - What's your preference?

claire_de_luna
14 years ago

My favorite for years has been an antique metal spatula, which is make of carbon steel and is very thin. There's a design in the middle of it, and it works fabulously in a cast iron pan. There are some other pans in my kitchen I've been using a lot however, where I don't want to use a metal spatula. For instance, like my tin-lined pots or non-stick pan for eggs. I've tried all kinds of spatulas, but haven't been able to find something that fits in my hand, feels good to use and works quite like my favorite.

Until yesterday.

I ordered a cookie spatula from Jonathan's Spooons, and the moment I put it in my hand and started using it, it instantly became my favorite tool. It has a very thin, beveled edge that works like my favorite metal antique, yet feels as elegant to use as anything I've ever had in my hand. I'm designating my old clunky wooden one to the thrift store box. Deglazing the pan last night with my new spatula was literally the best part of my day!

So, what you do you prefer? Thick or thin? Metal, silicone or wood? Do you use them for flipping, chopping and stirring?

Comments (8)