SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girlgroupgirl

Patio: Square, rectangle or round, what's your preference?

girlgroupgirl
14 years ago

Eventually, as we move along with our back yard makeover (or actually it's a back yard beginning because it never really was anything the last 78 years....) I am thinking about a patio.

I have two options I'm looking at: either solid surface concrete or pavers. I am planning on laying fairly plain, cheap pavers along one narrow side of the house (with drainage tubes underneath), in an area by the back door for a pot garden, and along the area that our underdeck door opens.

So I am considering a patio of the same paver material.

We have a poured concrete walkway already, so I'm considering concrete as well, thinking that patio furniture sits on it more easily, and it can be easier to maneuver for people with gait issues or who are blind and unfamilliar with the patio.

In my mind I was thinking of a round poured concrete patio, however, I am thinking that a square or rectangular patio may also work well - it really depends on how easy it is to set up an outdoor kitchen and an eating/sitting area here. Since I don't have the option of trying things out, I'd like to hear your feedback of what you have experienced?

Which shape of patio do you find works best for you and furniture lay out? Do you have an outdoor kitchen?

We plan on an "unconventional" outdoor kitchen, some sort of an adobe oven, a sun oven, a wood burning stovetop (grill/burners), bike blender and more "unplugged" appliances.

Thanks!

GGG

Comments (12)

Sponsored