SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teppy_gw

too much contrast?

teppy
15 years ago

I am about to the point of having my cabinets installed now. they will be painted benjamin moore "bavarian cream" with a tan glaze. I decided to paint my island a sage green for contrast. I have chosen 'cold springs" for my granite, which is alot like delicatus. its got a creamy background with brownish rust colors, black, and gray running through it. At the last minute here, I am getting really brave. I have decided to add a little bit more contrast and do my island top in absolute black. Now, considering I was planning an all white kitchen, I have definitely veered off of my original plan. My island is now completely different from my perimeter cabs. Now, when I see completely all white kitchens, I am not turned on as much as I am when i see kitchens with white cabinets but islands with different paint colors. Its just that in most of the ones I've seen, the counter top is usually the same granite as the perimeter cabs or it will be a wood butcher block. Or, it will be the reverse with the island the same finish as the perimeter cabs, but with a different granite color.

I need opinions from anyone who may be able to envision this. I have wood floors in a medium color.

Comments (7)