SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kalinka_2007

Vision and eye

kalinka_2007
16 years ago

I am wondering how long "vision" takes to get? I have been lurking in here for 2 years. This place basically got me on the right track. I had a hideous dor, what ever I did was just completely wrong. So I sat and read and read and read and painted again and kept the little jewels of advice in my head like "the rug grounds the room" and tips on color and flow, different wood going together, small spaces need bigger things and less clutter, ceiling paint color etc etc.

So I closed my eyes and pretty much just followed all these little things in here that I decided were formulas for making something livable, and .. its working (very slowly)

I canÂt seem to see things in my minds eye. I have no idea if something is going to work until it gets in here, thus every purchase is an anxiety attack as I cant pick things out with any sort of certitude. I vacillate and torture myself with every choice. Sometimes I have to pull the trigger and buy something just to get myself out of my misery :) When I get home and it works I am amazed. I just can not see it before. I have 20 cans of paint in the garage and if I allowed it most of my furniture would be in there as well. I am at the point where I am going to get a dining room table and its giving me heart burn!

How long does it take to get that eye, or will I be blind forever? I have always lived in a place where most of my friends are artists. I am an artist too but not a visual one. Music is much easier than decorating!! Normally my friends will show up, roll their eyes and start mixing paint colors and moving furniture around and suddenly I have a home. I donÂt have that luxury where I live now so I am forced to learn and I totally suck at it. All I can say is bless this place because I think I would still be repainting if it were not for here.

Many thanks for all the gifts that you are unknowingly giving.

Comments (20)