SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dd70_gw

help with paint color, pics included

dd70
16 years ago

Hi everyone-I thought I would jump over from the kitchen forum to get some expert eyes to help me pick kitchen and dining room paint colors.

To give a background, I really like the french country look. The floors throughout both rooms will be Brazilian cherry engineered hard wood. My Dining table is square (with leaf) and the top is oak and the rest is painted white, I will recover the chairs in a toile or something, depending on the paint color. I want to go to an antique store for a buffet in painted white.

The kitchen is next to the Dining room and the floor is the same, Cabs. are Maple with vanilla bean glaze finish, SS appliances, new venetian gold granite top, the knobs will be either twisted drop handle in patine rouge or Tuscany drop handle in english copper (both with coordinating knobs for the doors)by Top Knobs. There are two windows in the kithcen now facing the back yard, they will be replaced with french sliders.

Ok, on to paint, I was going to have DH put up chair rail in DR and was going to paint the the bottom "Caliente" by BM and the top "Muslin" and the chair rail white.I was going to paint the kitchen in Muslin to tie it all in. The more I look at the two colors next to each other it looks kind of colonial to me. So now Im thinking no chair rail in DR and paint it all a sagey green color and the kitchen would be all "muslin". My kitchen is U shaped w/penninsula, behind the penninsula is the wall w/french sliders then the wall on the left that seperates d/room.

The door opening to DR is on the left, the sliders are along the back wall behind penninsula. The room on the right is the FR with the enterance just past the penninsula. So really the wall that the sliders are on, the wall on the left up to the DR doorway & the little wall on right up to penninsula is kind of seperate from the kitchen. Do you think if we put of chair rail there and put the red on bottom and muslin on top and left the rest of kit. muslin only would it look ok???

Wow, I really need help : )

Dining Table-please excuse mess, house is a disaster and we are living out of that room.

Looking into DR from Kitchen (light is going)

Caliente

Bad pic of muslin but it's like an off white-tanish-actually a little lighter than my cabinets

Vanilla bean glaze cabinets-yeah cant wait they will be here Thursday!!!

New venetian gold counter-love the burgand flecks in it. It look greyish on monitor but it's more of a gold background

Tuscany drop in english copper, third down on right.

anyway, long story short.....please help me pick paint colors,I am losing it and can't make another decision! French country looking. Im not afraid of color so any and all suggestion are greatly, greatly, greatly appreciated! Thanks so much for the help.

Comments (8)