SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beaglesdoitbetter1

Tile Problem- Cross Post from bathrooms

beaglesdoitbetter1
13 years ago

Sorry. I know this is kitchens. But we need to order on Mondayish or at least make some kind of decision so I'm cross posting over here b/c I don't know how much traffic the bathrooms forum gets and we need to figure something out soon.

here is the issue:

We had picked out our tile for the master bathroom and now we have a major problem b/c there is no bullnose piece made by our tile maker. We need a bullnose for the tub steps, shower curb, etc. Our tile person has suggested that we use a grey glass bullnose piece and basically have a 2 inch piece of grey on the edges of the steps, as our shower curb, and on the corners. I do not think this is the right solution. Does anyone have any suggestions. I am willing to go to a different tile entirely (w/ a company that makes a bullnose!) but I need to find one in blue that is affordable. If I can't, what would you do about this lack of bullnose issue? Would you use the grey? Or any other suggestions would be welcome.

A photoshop mock-up of the bathroom:

The tiles:

The pebbles:

{{gwi:1392972}}

If anyone has any ideas, please share. What would you do, would you let the grey be used? Would you switch the whole thing? Anyone have any pictures of anything like this where a mismatched bullnose piece was used?

Thanks!

Comments (5)