SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wi_sailorgirl

Need to paint kitchen table; color advice please

wi-sailorgirl
14 years ago

We've just installed a banquette in the kitchen as part of a redesign of the eating area (there was a round table that you walked right into when you walked in the door). A few months ago I purchased a slightly damaged Camden trestle table from the Restoration Hardware outlet at an insane discount. I love the table, but the color won't do (I sort of figured that when I bought it). In a perfect world the table would be sort of an old barn table/driftwood color, but that is not going to happen because paint is the order of the day and while I am a pretty good painter, I'm not a faux finisher miracle worker.

I'm thinking off white both because it will work in the kitchen (I think) and because I don't want to get real trendy here.

Here are a couple pictures (I had one that was in much better focus but accidentally uploaded the wrong one so I apologize for the fuzziness):

Pay no attention to all the green tape on the table ... it's marking various options for where to cut it (yes, I'm cutting a brand new (damaged) table ... don't ask).

The rest of the kitchen:

For color reference, the banquette is painted in Benjamin Moore Cotton Balls, and the cabinets (which are close to that now) will be at some point as well. The floor is Mohawk Sardara Island Brown. The walls are BORING and will be painted once this is all over (color TBD, but I'm leaning toward BM Revere Pewter.)

The banquette will have seat cushions and throw pillows in "wasabi" green (halfway between olive and grass) and aqua/blue .

The chair is from our old kitchen table, so you can see what used to be in that space (distressed creamy white) and I am going to re-use the chairs with the table.

Sorry for all the background here. Anyway, here's the real question: presuming I go with an off-white color for the table, should I stick with the Cotton Balls color that is already throughout the kitchen or go a few shades creamier? If that option is totally distasteful to you ... any other suggestions?

Comments (7)