SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mayalea

Advice needed on Hallway/Kitchen paint colour!

mayalea
2 years ago

Hi! I want to repaint my kitchen and hallway (downstairs and upstairs) and would LOVE your advice.

Our current paint is BM Windsbreath (OC24), tweaked years ago to look more gre... but ended up looking more green! Our home is north-facing and pretty dark so I want to go light and bright this time around.

Exisiting trim is Cloud White (BM CC40) in satin finish, and I don't intend to repaint it - so I have narrowed down the final 3 options for walls to:

BM CC-40 - Cloud White (so it will match the trim)

BM OC-25 - Cloud Cover (I like it but concerned there will be not a lot of contrast with the trim)

BM OC-26 - Silver Satin - (Nice but more grey & could look greenish)

And should I go flat or eggshell? Please let me know your pick!

Kitchen cabinet paint colour is unknown... but CC40, cloud white is currently the ceiling colour so you can see in the photos how it will look adjacent to the cabinetry.

Paint in surrounding LR and DR rooms (see attached photos) is BM OC-15 Baby Fawn and family room (not shown) is Elmira White - HC-84.

Upstairs office/bedrooms feature Benjamin Moore Baby Fawn, Dove White, Collingwood, Pale Oak, and Sherwin Williams First Star. (Sharing info so you can imagine how the hallway upstair colour will blend with the bedrooms).

Here are photos for context (ie. style, surrounding rooms...etc)

Thanks in advance!

hallway

connecting living room

kitchen

kitchen continued

dining room - connects with living room and kitchen

Comments (8)