SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nakins_gw

Cheap Frigidaire FL? Of TL for stack

nakins
17 years ago

As I posted before, I need a one piece stack unit. This doesn't leave much to choose from. I probably wouldn't mind buying stackable units, but then that puts you into the more expensive FL's. I live by myself and don't have fine clothes to wash. Just the typical single male stuff, with the typical single male outlook and approach to doing laundry.

Of the one piece stack units there is the Maytag Legacy with a TL washer, which is what I had and lasted for 20 years. The other choice is a Frigidaire stack unit. This comes with either a TL washer or their bottom of the line, entry level, opp, whatever you want to call it, FL. This is the 3.2 (?) with the little door on it. It is a very basic machine.

Since Maytag has gone to pot in recent years, I'm a little leary of buying the Legacy model. Even though I haven't read about that many problems with it. The Netune on the other hand seems to be a machine that they should just quit selling.

The Frigidaire a don't know anything about. The sales lady at a local dealer said she takes most of the service calls at the store and didn't remember when the last time was that she had a call on the Frigidaire units. This store does the service work for the nearby Lowes and HD.

I wouldn't mind buying the Frigidaire stack with the FL washer if it is as dependable as the TL unit.

So, out of the three choices, The maytag legacy, the frigidaire tl, or the frigidare FL, which do you think would provide the best dependability?

Thanks

Comments (5)