SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

A visit with a forum friend

annie1992
14 years ago

Yes, I've been socializing again, and guess who came to Michigan?

Yes, that's my dear friend, lpinkmountain! She's originally a Michigan girl and her heart is still here, even if the rest of her is in Pennsylvania!

Anyway, the purpose of her visit was to visit family members, and so that was paramount during her time here, but she made time to have breakfast with me on Sunday morning. I wished I had known she was coming, I would have picked extra blueberries so she could have some fresh. Instead, I took some out of the freezer, they'd only been frozen about 3 days, LOL, and I made Ann T's scones. I took half a dozen to L:

I also took her a jar of Melanie's Black Forest syrup, delightful on vanilla ice cream or pound cake, and a jar of dilled green beans. The "ladies" sent her a dozen fresh eggs too.

She brought me a jar of homemade strawberry/mint jam, something I haven't tried making yet and it sounds yummy.

We went to a local diner, Rosie's. It's been on the Travel Channel and on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. It's the diner that was used on all the Bounty paper towel commercials with Nancy Walker mopping up those spills as Rosie.

I had eggs and hashbrowns:

L had their special, cobblestone french toast. They make the bread there, and it has apples, walnuts, cinnamon. It's dunked into the egg batter and fried, very yummy:

A couple of hours flew by and we drank a lot of coffee before she had to start back on that long drive. Don't think I won't be visiting her in Pennsylvania someday, making her give me the tour of Philadelphia!

Hurry back home, L, we miss you.

Annie

Comments (15)