SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
terri761

I need some advise

terri76
14 years ago

After researching many washers I was impressed by the Speed Queen's 3 year warranty so I thought I would take a chance and buy one. I had a Maytag that lasted only 5 years so I wanted a good one. I washed a load of towels and wash cloths the day that they delivered the washer. They first thing I noticed is that the towels were considerably wetter (than in my Maytag) when the final spin was finished. So I thought I would try another load. This did the same thing.(I found that I had to restart it at the spin cycle to get out the extra water) I also noticed that my dryer took a lot longer to dry the loads and in some cases the loads were still damp when the dryer shut off. I immediately called the dealer and the next day they sent out their repairman. He said that the spin seemed to check out ok, but he also agreed that the towels were damp. We turned on the spin cycle again and he saw how much water came out the second time. He acknowledged that also. Today the dealer called and said they were sending another repairman from a different dealer to check out the washer. I have the feeling that they are going to try and get out of having to replace this washer by sending this new repairman out to tell me that it is working according to specs. Does anyone have any advise on how to handle the situation?

Comments (3)