SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

4th of July, party at my house....lots of pictures

annie1992
12 years ago

OK, we had the party here, Amanda has to work and so does Ashley, so we had the party yesterday. I cleaned the pool and broke out the grill. My Mother came, Amanda and Dave and the kids came, my nephew Philip came and Ashley came late because she was on call and they had an emergency surgery on a broken elbow, she had to do the x-rays. Kevin was working.

So, we all sat on the edge of the pool while the kids swam:

Makayla started out wearing her life jacket, it's the first time in the pool this year:

She quickly graduated to the deep end with no life jacket. Her mother (who drowned in that pool when she was 16) was a little nervous but Makayla wasn't:

Fortunately, Bud is a bit more cautious:

Jessica, are you listening? I grilled! Pork ribs and teriyaki beef shishkabob, with Vidalia onions and red peppers:

I also made potato salad, baked beans and whole wheat butterflake rolls:

Fresh lemonade with Michigan strawberries to drink:

And for dessert? Sugar cookies with red, white and blue frosting:

We also had blueberry crisp and homemade vanilla ice cream, but I didn't get pictures, I was in the pool by that time!

We set off some Sam's Club fireworks and harassed the dogs and generally had a good time.

And now I'll confess. Amanda brought the baked beans, Mother brought the already cooked ribs and I just reheated them on the grill with the sauce. Philip brought beer, LOL. I marinated the beef, made the potato salad with local red new potatoes, some local Amish Eggs and chives from my herb garden. The rolls were already in the freezer, leftover from baking when Ashley had her surgery and Ashley brought the lemonade. I baked the cookie and the blueberry crisp and the ice cream was a fast version made with Eagle brand milk.

And it was all good...

Annie

Comments (24)