SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girlsingardens

Hayden's first birthday party dinner

girlsingardens
15 years ago

Well it is sure hard to believe that my little one is one already. It seems just like yesterday that I was asking for prayers and support for all the troubles I was having. Anyways today's dinner was mostly from the garden. We had the best broasted chicken from or grocery store, I timed it right and picked it up just as it was getting done. We also had green beans with bacon and onions from the garden, pickled cucumbers and onions ( overnight kind), fresh sweet corn, zuccini and yellow squash roasted with a little evoo, salt and pepper and finished with parmesan cheese, Also relishes including broccoli and radishes from the garden, homemade potato salad with my homemade pickles, new potatoes, and dill from the garden, lastly rice, cheese and broccoli caserole with broccoli from the garden. My mil made homemade ice cream and my sis made and decorated an angel food cake. All in all was soooo good and this is the first time I have gotten to get such good fresh produce from my garden and the farmers market.

Right now I am finishing off the squash and it is so good. I slice thinly and toss with pepper, sea salt and evoo. Roast until tender and then add parmesan cheese. With all the food I made and not all the family was able to make it we will be eating left overs for ever. We also had mixed fruit salad. Rhiannon,Hayden and I will be just as happy eating veggies and the fruits for meals and skipping the meats:)

Stacie

girlsingardens

I am so excited that it is that time of the year to eat out of the garden. I also picked a bushel of apricots this morning and pitted and froze a dozen quarts of pitted sour cherries.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional