SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flamingo1121

Dinner Party Spillage Etiquette!

flamingo1121
16 years ago

What would you do if someone spilled a glass of red wine all over the table, over another guest and onto the area carpet? As a hostess or a guest?

Obviously I am asking as this happened to us the other night at a dinner party we were invited. Fortunately it was my parents, DB & SIL, the host/hostess and their DD and her BF. My DH accidentally spilled his filled glass of RED WINE that doused hostess' DD, his clothes and got the area rug quite good. First reaction was to sop up table, then her DD had to change her shirt, and I proceed to attempt to blot up as much wine as possible out of the carpet.

Hostess said it was ok it was an accident and to relax, my DB said he never saw someone react the way I did that it is only a rug and get over it (IT wasn't his house!). Well I finally did stop blotting (or at least try to do it without most noticing). Next day I dropped off Woolite Oxyclean and hostess did call me later in the day (as they were out earlier) and said in addition to her attempts and the woolite the wine stains are barely visible.

Was I over reacting to try and clean up while the stain was still fresh?

Thank you for your opinions!

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Yellowlite
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Chicago's Leading Clean Energy & Solar Panel Provider