SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Who here used SW Creamy? Also need color advice

Oakley
15 years ago

I read a topic this morning where someone said they used SW "Creamy" for their 'white' kitchen and they loved it. If you're reading this, does it have a yellow undertone to it? I looked at it on my fan deck in several light settings, and saw it on the SW website in a room, and it seems to have yellow in it. If not, I'd really like to use that color on my kitchen cabinets, because I am usinhg a very pale yellow for the wall...so I don't want any yellow undertones in the cabinet paint.

Also, I need some advice. The front part of the house, I guess the "public" area, will have whitish/cream beadboard. The kitchen will be whitish/cream. Here's my question: Should the kitchen paint match the beadboard exactly, or can there be a slight variation? The back side of one row of cabinets (this one particular cabinet will have beadboard, the others won't) will face the DR which will also have the beadboard, but ONLY on one opposite large wall..that's because the DR is broken up by several short walls. Too complicated to explain. lol

Could I get away with a variation or should I stick to the same paint with both beadboard and cabinets? Someone pick this paint out for me! LOL. Just kidding, but darn it's hard to find the perfect "cream."

Comments (7)