SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dganachari

Need help w/SW whole house color - Panda White vs. Shoji White?

Contessa
last year

I'm building a contemporary home with a large open concept living room/ kitchen/ hallway/ stairwell and am struggling to find a creamy off-white to use. I would love a warm white that pairs well with my straw white oak cabinets and white oak floors, and SW Greek Villa trim. The main floor has lots of windows so it gets lots of ambient light but not much bright direct sunshine since the living room and kitchen face East. They have very large windows but there is also a lot of greenery and trees pretty close by so it's not like sunlight streams in. The color I pick for the main floor will carry over to at least the upstairs hallway. Ideally I'd love a color that works well in the primary bedroom (also faces East- not particularly bright) and the guest rooms (West facing). The walls are currently primed so when I tried out Shoji White, I was shocked to see how much pigment it has and it seemed a bit pinkish-- but I'm not sure if it would seem brighter once the whole room is painted? Since the living room is not particularly sunny, I'm worried about making it feel dark. I liked Panda White, which reads a bit brighter but I don't know if that will look like just white on the walls? Should I try Creamy or would that look odd paired with the Greek Villa trim? Would Panda White work upstairs and on the main floor, or should I do Panda main floor and Shoji upstairs? These pics were taken before priming, but you can see that the light is somewhat bright /ambient but not sunny. Thanks so much for any help / guidance you can give!

Comments (39)