SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
organic_smallhome

Bedroom Curtains, part 2: The Plot Thickens

organic_smallhome
16 years ago

Not only do I have the radiator to contend with, but also different size and height windows. I'm going crazy trying to figure out length and rod placement. Please help me! What would you do?

Here are the "problems":

I've measured the shorter window and, as you can see, there is only about 2-1/2" on either side for bracket placement (I don't want to drill into the window frame). No problem: I found a rod set that will fit.

Longer window, with radiator below, needs to take shorter curtain--perhaps 63", which will fall 3" below window frame, halfway between the radiator and the bottom of the window frame:

Shorter window in dormer, the top of which almost hits the ceiling, but with no radiator below. Custom size of 51", will also fall 3" below window frame.

{{!gwi}}

My problems:

1) Where should rod placement be on longer window? If I put it in alignment with the shorter window's rod, it will be really high above the window, instead of right across the top frame, as would be the case with the shorter window. But if I place it lower, closer to the frame (as is my preference), the rods will be staggered in height.

2) Curtain length: Should the curtains all hit the same length? In other words, should each window's curtain hit 3" below the frame--even though that would produce, as with the rods, a staggered look--or should I make sure each curtain is exactly the same distance from the floor, even if that means that the curtain on the shorter window will have more length beneath the sill than the curtain on the longer window?

Here are the curtains I want to use:

Does any of this even make sense? It sounds pretty garbled to me, but I'm going out of my mind trying to figure out what to do.

Comments (23)