SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cooksnsews

Bake-ahead Desserts

cooksnsews
12 years ago

Hi, I will be going to an out-of-town reunion next week with a bunch of friends (less than a dozen) with whom I attended grade/jr high schools back when dinosaurs roamed the prairies. My hostess has requested that I bring along something baked, since that is sort of my specialty. But I'm having a summer brain freeze here, and can't figure out what to take. It has to be something I can make on Wednesday, for a party on Saturday. I'll be traveling on Thursday, so won't have kitchen access after that. Refrigeration won't be a problem. Ordinarily, I'd make a cake, but I can't think of any of my old-faithful recipes that can wait that long between the making and the eating, without undergoing noticeable degradation. I could do cookies, but I'd rather not. I think perhaps I could even take something cake-like in a "kit" - ingredients pre-measured into baggies, some eggs, etc, plus my pan. I think I'll be able to bake in the hostess's rental suite kitchen, but I'm sure it won't have equipment like a mixer, FP, etc.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Comments (13)