SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mthouse_gw

Ideas on where/how to dry sweaters?

mthouse
14 years ago

Hi, this is my first post on the laundry forum! DH and I are currently building our first home and we will have a small laundry room (5x9). DH made the comment the other day that the thing he is looking forward to the most is me having a laundry room so that I won't have sweaters draped over the backs of the chairs drying. WHAT?? I didn't realize this was a problem and don't know that I have a plan for a different way to dry them? So now I'm looking for a good sweater drying rack that can go in the laundry room. Maybe something that pulls out from the wall or stacks on a shelf? I will not have a lot of floor space in the new laundry room. I have a lot of sweaters and tend to wash 4-5 of them in a load and then lay them out to dry.

The washer/dryer will go along one of the 5' walls, the door is in the center of one of the 9' walls and there will be a sink and shelves along the other 5' wall. There will be a counter and shelves above the washer/dryer. I am thinking something that goes above the sink or above the washer/dryer would be best. I would love any input or ideas for this problem. Thanks!!

Comments (8)