SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1nonlyj

Ugly Christmas Sweater ... Ideas Needed

IdaClaire
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Yeah, I know I've been totally over-posting again, but I have a lot on my mind these days. ;-)

I'm going to a holiday party where there will be an ugly sweater contest. We did this last year and I opted not to participate, but everyone who did had so much fun, and I want to be a part of that this year. To that end, I am leaning towards the thing I probably know best, and that is being a Crazy Cat Lady. I have ordered this sweater:

It lights up. :-D It is quite plain on the back though, and I see "room for improvement".

I was tossing around ideas of how to "weird it out" a little (or a lot?) more, and thought about attaching plush cats, perhaps with bits and bobs of Christmas ornaments wrapped around them or in their mouths -- an attempt to make it look like these deranged little creatures had been completely tearing apart a Christmas tree. These are available on Amazon:

The cats are only about 8" long, and I was thinking I could attach them to the sweater (from the inside) with large safety pins perhaps?

I was also thinking about a Santa hat with an embroidered saying on the white fur ... "Merry Catmas" or "Here Comes Santa Claws" or something to that effect. I want to avoid "Meowy Christmas", as the winning sweater last year had that saying on it (but was completely different, aside from featuring a cat, than the concoction I'm putting together).

You're a creative bunch ... any ideas for how to crazy this up? Well, without looking like a TOTAL moron, I mean. I do have to work with these people. ;-D

Comments (37)