SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
parma42

Pittsfield too green , Blonde too orange

parma42
16 years ago

Hi everyone,

I've been enjoying all of your posts for a few weeks now. DH won out and we've built new again. Most of the rooms have the 18 ft ceiling that I really hate. Means we have to farm out the painting again (which I love to do myself)and have to be careful with selections and ceiling color.

The hardwood is a neutral ash that can read a bit red. Family room is open off the kitchen which has Golden River granite and medium/dark maple cabinets. Granite has a lot of rusts in it. I have pretty much decided on Wilminton tan for the family room. It looks great with the colors I have in there. Rusty brown, subtle teal and cream paisley chair, tweedy looking chenille curved sofa in rust (anyone seeing a theme yet?lol)and a hint of the cooler green and another chair in warm colored leather.

My problem is choosing a lighter color that will go throughout the rest of the house. Entry, living room (again, both with the high ceilings)dining for now but I will be incorporating green in the dining room which is the only place I can have some fun with a normal height.

I tried SW Blonde and it was pretty orange. I loved the BM Pittfield Buff but it read way green especially in the kitchen next to the granite. The Pitt would be great if it had a teeny bit more gold.

Our house has tons of windows and light. The front where the entry and living room...northeast and the back kitchen/family room...south.

The ceiling will have to be the same color as there are no breaks in the rooms.

Sorry to be so long. My next posts will be much more brief and if I ever find where I packed my camera, will have pics.

TIA

Parma

Comments (18)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor