SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aworkley

Too much green???

aworkley
14 years ago

I am going crazy with paint colors and IÂm driving my husband crazy also. IÂve repainted many times and have spent $$$$ on paint (mostly Benjamin Moore and Behr).

In July we put in red oak hardwood floors (golden brown stain). So we decided to remove all of the trim and paint it white along with the doors and eventually our kitchen cabinets. Since we removed the trim we decided we should paint. We are painting our family room, eat in kitchen, dining room and foyer. You can see all of the rooms from each other. I love color and I love neutrals. Our furniture has reds, yellow golds, sage greens, cream.

I currently have BM brookside moss (50%) strength on 3 of our dining room walls with the 4th wall BM fernwood green. BM baby turtle in the family room. This weekend I just painted the foyer area with fernwood green. I had carrington beige in the foyer going into the kitchen but something about it just wasnÂt working for me. I think maybe it was too boring with the oak floors.

Now IÂm wonderingÂis it too much green? I like the fresh look of the brookside and fernwood but is it too much for an entire downstairs area? I tried a bunch of neutral colors, but I think maybe I didnÂt like them with our oak floors. Oh yeah  the downstairs half bath is green too.

I tried hawthorne yellow, concord ivory, pittsfield buff, carrington beige, wheeling neutral and some other beigey colors and nothing saidÂthatÂs it. We had coastal fog for many years before we started painting. I wanted something more cheery. Please help before I go crazier. :-)

Comments (3)