SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bcskye

Nathan's Never Fail Pastry

bcskye
13 years ago

Tried this recipe for the first time yesterday after getting it some time ago from a post by Annie1992. I absolutely love it. Used my food processor and it was a breeze. Rolled out perfectly, transferred to pie pans by two different methods with ease and it was fantastic. This is now my only pie crust recipe.

Yesterday I made a latticed topped blueberry pie and a strawberry rhubarb (sheshebop's recipe) with pastry leaves for a top for the county fair pie contest. I couldn't stay until the end when the final results were announced, but I know the blueberry took second place in the berry category. Mine was the prettiest, but there were four other blueberry pies entered so one tasted better. I know the strawberry rhubarb didn't take first in the miscellaneous class where they placed it. I mean how could it beat the chocolate raspberry tart that was gorgeous, but I hope it took second. I still have one crust in a pie pan and an upper crust for it in the freezer. Just have a feeling that I'll be making another pie within the next day or two for DH and G-Nephew. Gee, then I'll get to make another batch of Nathan's recipe.

Comments (13)