SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ncage

Just bought my first Front Loader and need help

ncage
12 years ago

Got a great deal though you don't hear about GE front loaders that much. I decided to go with this deal though because of the great savings. I got a GE GFWH2400LWW which is selling for about 900 at sears/best buy and and at lowes on clearance (776) for 578. Its 4.1 cu. ft. which should be awesome for bed sheets.

Anyways, i digress. This is my first front loader so i have questions.

I've heard about the mold problem. I don't know if this is still a problem with the newer unites or not. I just told my wife that after she is down washing she should wipe out the interior or the washer until its dry. Is this all that's involved or is there more? Anything else i need to be aware of?

Second, i hear most people say that top loaders are in general less reliable and are more costly to fix. Everyone has their own opinions but you hear bad things about every brand from Samsung to LG To whirlpool. Should i buy the extended warranty? I end up getting the washer from lowes because they price matched so they have a 2 year extended for like 70 and i believe a 4 year extended for like 109. Seems like a descent price. There is also square trade where i can get a 3 year for $99 (and there is always 30% coupons off out there). The advantage of the lowes extended warranty is that they add it onto the end of the manufactorer warranty rather than the total time you own the appliance. So if you buy an 2 years from lowes you get 3 years of total warranty. What is your guys opinions?

thanks,

Ncage

Comments (12)