SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
derek_2007

Just bought my first bonsai......need help

derek_2007
17 years ago

I just bought my first bonsai tree today, a 6 year old juniper, and I'm getting so much conflicting info I need some help. First of all the juniper was purchased from a retailer that has kept it indoors for an unknown time period. From everything I have read most people say that it is next to impossible to keep these alive indoors for a long period of time. I understand this and I am trying to determine the best course of action to keep my tree alive and healthy. I don't know if this tree has gone through any dormant periods or of it has ever been outdoors at all. Is there a procedure for introducing the tree to an outdoor lifestyle that is safe and will not shock the tree to death? It is currently about 25 degrees F where I live. Also can you look at the pics and tell me if there is anything that stands out as odd or unhealthy looking. I don't know if will be visible in the pics but there a couple leaves that are brown, not many, but a couple. What should I do with these? And notice how wet the soil looks (I just bought it today and have not watered it yet) Do you think it has been over watered? Any advice or tips from people who have actually done this would really help. Thanks for taking the time to help.

{{gwi:5152}}

{{gwi:5153}}

{{gwi:5155}}

Comments (6)

Sponsored