SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

Ole joyful's change of scene

joyfulguy
15 years ago

My change of scene ... or so I thought ... was to avoid snow for a few days, though daughter had warned me to bring warm clothing, as there may be snow at the Grand Canyon. En route to Jerome, where there was an old copper mine, now a tourist trap, she saw snow on the mountains, so I had some warning (it's an uphill journey from Phoenix, at under 1,000 feet above sea level, to the 6,000 foot marker that we passed near here). Then, as we approached Flagstaff, there was snow on the ground and in the ditches. As we checked in to the motel, there was a pile of snow in front of the car, and the first handful that I picked up was pretty well ice, but I found some soft snow and threw a snowball at her. As we checked in to the motel, there was some discussion of who qualifies for childhood, then who qualifies for being in second childhood ... and daughter allowed as how it's fathers who throw snowballs at daughters!

As we passed through Sedona, a tourist centre, she said that there's reputed to be some energy vortexes in the vicinity ... but I found that I didn't feel any more energetic when I was there than before ... or since, for that matter.

But, when one's retired, I guess that there aren't a lot of demands that one be full of energy, are there? Though, I guess it's true of that as regarding other of life's capabilities ... that one must use it ... or lose it.

I thought that I was going to get a free ride to Arizona ... as daughter bought return flight ticket to AZ (total bill less than $300.) plus bus ticket to Detroit, so I thought that I was going to get free ride ...

... but it cost me $15.00 to check my bag!

I said that I was going to kid her about it being a return ticket ... that it was apparent that she didn't want to put up with me, long-term ... and someone asked whether the return portion of the ticket was dated ... it was!

She met me last night at the airport, I had a great sleep, fun-filled breakfast ... we visited an old coppermine (at Jerome), are overnighting in Flagstaff, and bound for the Grand Canyon tomorrow.

We had a really great discussion on a whole host of life's issues (got most of the world's problems solved, I think) in the car on the way up today.

I'm having a ball: daughters are a great blessing!

Wish me continued good fortune, please.

And I wish the same for all of you!

ole joyful

Comments (13)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES