SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bindersbee

Front loaders + soap residue in clothes

bindersbee
15 years ago

I'm feeling much less enamoured of my LG Tromm front load machines today. Actually, I'm kind of miffed. I've had them for awhile but just recently realized that they are the source of a problem.

There is a ton of soap residue left in the clothes. I know this because it's messing up my Rowenta iron. At first I thought it was just that I hadn't cleaned the iron for awhile- so I bought the gel stuff and cleaned it. Then I thought maybe it was something to do with my ironing pad- so I bought a new one.

It finally dawned on me that the problem was coming from clothes which had been washed in my machine. The thicker the fabric, the bigger the problem. On a polo shirt, I went from having a clean iron when I started to one that was too gummy to use before I'd even finished the shirt.

Has anyone else had this problem? I am using the Kirkland Brand HE detergent from Costco. Am I making my loads too big? Too much detergent in the load? On a large load, I fill the detergent cup halfway to the full line since the detergent container says it's 'concentrated'. Do I need to do an extra rinse cycle with each load- which kind of defeats the water-saving purpose? My family has sensitive skin so the extra soap in their clothes is highly undesireable.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Comments (43)