SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caliloo_gw

Peach Brown Sugar Rum - I messed up! Can I fix this?

caliloo
13 years ago

I got all these beautiful Joisey peaches chopped and mixed with the brown sugar, lemon juice and rum, THEN read the recipe that I was only supposed to put in HALF the rum! Can I just add a bit more at the end the cooking process? Can I just leave it the way it is?

Combine the peaches with the brown sugar, lemon juice and about half of the rum in a large pot and stir the mixture well. Stir well, cover and refrigerate overnight.

Pour the fruit mixture into large, heavy-bottomed pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover the pan, reduce the heat and simmer until the fruit chunks start turning translucent, 15 to 20 minutes, stirring several times. If the jam becomes too thick before the fruit clarifies, add 2 or 3 tablespoons water.

Add the granulated sugar and cook the jam rapidly over medium-high heat, stirring almost constantly, until a spoonful placed on a chilled saucer and refrigerated for a few moments wrinkles instead of running when the saucer is tilted sharply. (Remove the pot from the heat while testing.) Stir in the remaining rum and cook the jam for 2 minutes, stirring.

It wouldn;t bother me to have extra rum, but I want to be sure this will be okay.

Thanks in advance!

Alexa

Comments (6)