SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
barbaraz_gw

Any Familiarity With Condensation Dryer?

barbaraz
15 years ago

I have to replace my electric stackable washer and dryer in my Maui condo and it has to fit in a small closet. There is no outside venting for the dryer. It typically vents into a bucket of water that is kept on a shelf above the stackable W/D--so not all that convenient. You have to constantly climb up to check the water level to make sure it hasn't evaporated and clean the lint out. I want to get something stackable with the largest capacity I can that will still fit in the closet. Bosch has the largest capacity W/D in the size that fits into the closet. One dryer is the Bosch Axxis Dryer, model #WTV76100US and this would vent into the bucket of water like I have. Certainly do-able. The other option is a ventless Bosch dryer--a Condensation dryer, Bosch Axxis model #WTE86300US. Does anyone have any familiarity with either of these? I have never seen the condensation dryers before and I wondered how efficiently they dried clothes and if the owners liked them. I understand they can take a little longer to dry the clothes and energy useage is certainly a consideration. HI is already a very moist and humid climate and I wonder if the condensation dryer can potentially be a problem for creating additional mold/mildew. Would the dryer take even longer to dry the clothes because the air already has so much moisture in it?? Getting rid of the bucket of water for the venting is very appealing, but the condensation dryer is even more $$$ than the already overpriced venting dryer and I want to make sure it does the job well. I am also concerned about the electricity useage if it takes longer to dry--how much longer? Please help--its alot of money and I want to spend it wisely. Thanks!

Comments (2)