SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caliloo_gw

Anyone else feeling 'Christmas in July'?

caliloo
14 years ago

That is the only explanation I can think of for my uncontrollable urge to make biscotti! Right now there is Lemon Ginger in the oven and I am measuring out the ingredients for Cherry Walnut. LOL!

Alexa

Comments (22)

• cookie8
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I made Christmas-like cookies last week. Two batches actually. They were almond shortbread with raspberry preserve and icing drizzled on top. I was going to add lemon to make it more summer"y" but why ruin a good thing! Have fun.

• gardenguru1950
    14 years ago

... and you're going to share recipes Alexa?

Joe

• Related Discussions

Does anyone else feel sorry for Paris Hilton?

Q

Comments (44)
    Well, looks like Larry King gets her... and it looks like he isn't paying her either. There was so much bad publicity, (about interview costs) she realized she wouldn't get to tell her side unless she did it for free.. quote- BEIJING, June 25 (Xinhuanet) -- Jailed socialite Paris Hilton will give her first post-prison interview on veteran CNN newsman Larry King's show on Wednesday, the cable network has confirmed. King would interview Hilton in a one-hour special on Wednesday, just 24 hours after the 26-year-old star is released from prison in Los Angeles, a spokeswoman said Saturday. The show, "Larry King Live," does not pay for interviews. I also saw that People may have an interview, not sure if it's still on. The photos were $300,000... Would be nice if she would donate the money to help drunk drivers... Here is a link that might be useful: news article
    ...See More

This weather!!!! Anyone else feeling discouraged?

Q

Comments (19)
    I usually think it's just my novice status that's mostly to blame for anything that goes wrong. I didn't plant out in April/early May because it was too wet. Thought little roots needed "air" to flourish and not sodden soil. Didn't know it would get so much worse. Slug invasion non-stop and deer are eating more which I don't understand since rain must have helped grow wild foraging plants. We have sticks for rose bushes...not a bud or leaf left. Thanks a lot Bambi...hope you got nicked while crushing the rabbit fencing around them. All echinacea now without buds. What's the use of growing "first year blooming" perennials (Prairie Splendor & Baby White Swan) if they're going to eat all the first year blooms? Buds just sitting there on Bachelor Buttons and Calendula. I keep telling them "it's JUNE...you can come out now"... at least the ones left that deer haven't eaten. There are a few that aren't face down in the mud who have no excuse not to bloom...LOL. Extra Morning Glory I sowed in 16 oz. cups are bigger than ones I already planted out in ground. Thinking of putting them in pots next to ground planted ones in hopes something fills the space they're supposed to be the main star in. The one truly happy plant is Joe Pye Weed (Eupatorium maculatum) which is topping out at 7' already. I have to knock earwigs off it regularly but it's standing proudly out there towering among slug/deer eaten or puny non-growing plants in butterfly garden. One Datura metal looks like if has a flower bud...on a plant about 12" tall. Hope that's normal. Slugs eating their leaves too. The list of things to whine about is endless...LOL.
    ...See More

Does anyone else feel like 'tea' today? :)

Q

Comments (21)
    I know the feeling, Shades- I'm enjoying an adult beverage right now. One of the first things I planted at our new place was 2 daffodils. That's right- two. The little church I visit up there had a sermon which related to daffodil bulbs, so each person got one in a little kit with fertilizer and instructions. I wasn't going to take one, but the cutest little boy ran up and was SO excited to give me one! Then folks I insisted I take two; one for me and one for my wife. In the spirit (pun intended) of the thing I felt obligated to plant them. We visited in February, and they were up and had buds. Alas, we weren't there for the actual flowers, but I was still excited. Two down; about 500 to go. I want to naturalize them all over the place.
    ...See More

Anyone else feeling overwhelmed about......Christmas??

Q

Comments (40)
    I really have cut down my Christmas card list. A box of 50 is more than enough. Last year I joined the Christmas card exchange here at KT and had a wonderful time receiving so many cards. I only give gifts to kids under ten, which means 4 things to buy. We usually get together with my husband's two sisters sometime in November or December. We go to a restaurant or get together at one house for a simple dinner. Last year it was pizza and hot hero sandwiches. I brought a plate of home-made cookies, which went over well. When I brought up the subject of no gift exchanging several years ago, everyone seemed relieved.My decorating is down to three things-a wreath on the door, a small table-top tree and a Nativity Set on a table. Do what you can, what you enjoy. Hand made gifts are wonderful! My husband has one brother whose wife always makes gifts for family. One year a scented candle, another a festively painted coffee can filled with candy.
    ...See More
  • caliloo
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here they are Joe!

lemon ginger biscotti

30 biscotti

2 1/2 cups flour
    1 cup sugar
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
    2 tablespoons grated fresh lemon rind
    1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    3 large eggs
    cooking spray
    1 tablespoon water
    1 egg white
    1 tablespoon sugar
    preheat oven to 350 combine flour, sugar, baking soda, ginger and salt in a large bowl.
    stir in crystallized ginger.
    mix lemon rind, lemon juice and eggs together and stir into flour mixture.
    the dough will be crumbly.
    turn dough out to a lightly floured surface, knead 7-8 times.
    divide dough in half.
    shape each half into a log.
    spray a cookie sheet with non stick spray, place logs 6" apart.
    combine water and eggwhite and brush over tops.
    sprinkle with sugar.
    bake for 20 minutes.
    remove to a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes.
    slice each log diagonally into 3/4" slices.
    place back on baking sheet, upright.
    lower oven to 325.
    bake 20 minutes, remove to a wire rack, cool.

Almond Cherry Biscotti Recipe
    1 hour : 10 min prep

SERVES 24 , 2 dozen

2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 cup sugar
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 cup cold butter
    2 eggs
    1 tablespoon milk
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 tsp almond extract
    1 cup chopped almonds
    1 cup candied cherry, halved

In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
    Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
    In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla; stir into flour mixture until blended.
    Stir in almonds and cherries (dough will be crumbly).
    Divide dough in half; shape into two balls.
    On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each half into a 10-in. x 2-1/2-in. rectangle.
    Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
    Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 20 minutes.
    Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a sharp knife into 3/4-in. slices.
    Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
    Bake for 25 minutes or until firm.
    Remove to wire racks to cool.
    Store in an airtight container.

• gardenguru1950
    14 years ago

Thanks Alexa!!!!! I will add these to the ones I make:

TRADITIONAL BISCOTTI

Makes 15-30 cookies

Ingredients

12 ounces butter
    1 3/4 cups sugar
    6 large eggs
    1 tsp anise extract
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    6 cups all-purpose flour
    1/2 tsp salt
    2 tsp baking powder
    6 ounces chopped, toasted almonds

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.

Add eggs one at a time; beat until fluffy.

Stir in the anise and vanilla extracts.

Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; Add them to the egg mixture along with the chopped almonds. Stir with a spoon and as the dough comes together, Knead by hand.

Divide the dough into 4 parts. Roll each piece into a log about 15 inches long.

Place logs onto cookie sheets, 2 to a sheet, the long way. Flatten the logs out until they are about 3 inches wide with a slight hump going down the middle.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, loaves should be firm.

Cut the loaves into diagonal slices 1/2 inch wide, place the slices onto the cookie sheets and return to the oven. Toast on one side, and then turn them over to do the other side. This will take about 7 to 10 minutes. to chunks and process them in food processor or blender until it resembles oatmeal.

---------------------
    DRIED FRUIT BISCOTTI

Makes about 30 cookies

Ingredients

1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
    1/4 cup oil
    1 1/2 cups sugar
    3 large eggs
    2 Tbs rum or orange liqueur
    2 tsp vanilla
    1/4 - 1/2 tsp lime oil or 1 teaspoon lemon extract
    1/4 tsp lemon oil or omit
    1/4 tsp tangerine or orange oil or 1 teaspoon orange extract
    Zest of one large orange - finely minced
    Zest of three limes - finely minced
    1 cup toasted coconut
    1/2 cup macadamia or pistachio nuts, chopped
    1 cup cubed dried pineapple, diced
    1 cup chopped dried apricots
    1/3 cup dried mango, diced (or red tart cherries)
    1/3 cup yellow raisins or regular raisins
    3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    2 tsp baking powder
    3/8 tsp salt
    Shredded coconut for garnish

Topping

1 cup rum or orange liqueur
    1 cup sugar

Directions

Line two baking sheets with parchment paper (insert each into a second sheet if you have enough to go around).

Preheat oven to 350°F.

In a large mixing bowl, blend the melted butter, oil, sugar and eggs.

Stir in the citrus oils (extracts) and vanilla. Mix well.

Fold in the dried fruit and then flour, baking powder and salt to make a thick batter. Let batter stand for 10 minutes. Spread the batter out into two logs on the baking sheets. It will be sticky. Top with shredded coconut, pressing in slightly.

Place the baking sheets in the oven and bake until the top of the dried fruit biscotti logs seem set and dry (45 to 55 minutes). If the logs are browning too quickly, reduce the heat to 325 and lengthen the baking time.

Allow the logs to cool for 20 minutes before moving them to a cutting board. Slice the logs in long diagonal slices and return them to the baking sheets.

Set oven to 325°F.

Bake cookies, turning once, for 15 to 20 minutes. Allow cookies to dry and barely brown.

Topping:

Prepare the cookies as above. Before the second bake, place the rum in a shallow dish and sugar on a baking sheet. Brush one side of each biscotti cookie liberally with rum, and then press lightly into the sugar (parchment paper comes in very handy with this variation).

-------------------------------------------------
    PISTACHIO, RASPBERRY AND WHITE CHOCOLATE BISCOTTI

For variety, dip half of the biscotti in melted white chocolate and the other half in dark chocolate. Or drizzle the melted chocolate in designs over each cookie

Makes about 3 dozen

Ingredients

3 cups all purpose flour
    2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 cup sugar
    3 large eggs
    2 Tbs vegetable oil
    2 1/2 tsp almond extract
    3/4 cup shelled raw unsalted natural pistachios
    1 cup dried raspberries or chopped dried strawberries
    (about 5 ounces)
    1/2 cup chopped high-quality white chocolate (such as Lindt or Perugina)

8 ounces high-quality white chocolate (such as Lindt or
    Perugina) and/or 8 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped

Directions

Preheat oven to 350°F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.

Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl to blend.

Using electric mixer, beat sugar, eggs, oil, and almond extract in large bowl until well blended.

Add flour mixture and beat until smooth.

Stir in pistachios, dried berries, and ½ cup chopped white chocolate.

Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls in two 12-inch-long strips on prepared baking sheet, spacing strips 3 inches apart. Using wet fingertips, shape each strip into 3-inch-wide log, pressing evenly (logs may look slightly lumpy).

Bake logs until lightly browned and almost firm to touch, about 30 minutes. Cool logs on sheet 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.

Carefully transfer logs to cutting board. Line same baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut each log crosswise into generous 1/2-inch-thick slices.

Stand biscotti upright, spacing about 1/4 inch apart, in 3 rows on prepared baking sheet. Bake until pale golden (biscotti may be soft but will firm as they cool), about 20 minutes. Cool completely on baking sheet.

Line another large baking sheet with parchment paper.

Place 8 ounces chopped white chocolate in medium glass bowl.

If desired, place 8 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate in another medium glass bowl.

Microwave separately on medium in 20-second intervals just until chocolate is soft to touch, about 40 seconds total (do not overheat or chocolate will burn or seize). Stir chocolate until smooth.

Dip one end or one side of each biscotti in chocolate; place on baking sheet.

Chill until chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.

(Can be made ahead. Arrange in single layer in airtight container and chill up to 5 days or freeze up to 2 weeks.)
    --------------

BISCOCHITO (NOT EXACTLY biscotti, but a fun recipe a friend sent to me)

A traditional Mexican cookie made with anise seed. Usually they are rolled and cut into various shapes but this recipe uses the simpler drop cookie method.

Makes 36 cookies

Ingredients

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    2 1/2 teaspoons anise seeds
    3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
    3/4 cup granulated sugar
    2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter, softened
    2 large eggs
    2 teaspoons brandy

Topping

1/4 cup granulated sugar
    2 tablespoons ground cinnamon

Directions

Preheat oven to 3oo degrees F.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and anise seed; set
    aside.

In a large bowl, blend sugars together with an electric mixer.

Add butter and mix until grainy.

Add eggs and brandy and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.

Gradually add the flour mixture and mix at low speed until just combined.

In a small bowl mix together 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon.

Roll rounded tablespoons of dough into 1-inch diameter balls and then flatten slightly
    with drinking glass or spatula.

Press tops into sugar-cinnamon mixture, then place cookies bottom side down on ungreased cookies sheets 2 inches apart.

Bake for 22-24 minutes or until cookies are slightly brown around edges. Transfer cookies immediately to a cooling surface.

This also makes a fantastic pie crust with fruit fillings

-----------------------

I have a feeling ann_t has some perfect biscotti recipes. And I'm sure she'd love to share them -- WITH PHOTOS.

Joe

• annie1992
    14 years ago

Joe (and other biscotti experts), I've made homemade biscotti and it's always kind of chewy, instead of the crispy texture I get when I buy biscotti. The last batch I baked nearly 45 minutes for the second baking time and they still weren't crispy, even when cooled. They did taste a bit...um...overbrowned, but not quite burnt, if you know what I mean.

Is that just how homemade biscotti is, kind of chewy (in which case I'll just keep buying it) or am I doing something wrong?

It's one of the few instances which I can say I like the commercial stuff better than my homemade...

Annie

• JoanM
    14 years ago

I did Christmas in July last week. I was on vacation and taking a break from weight watchers when I spied the gingerbread liquer in the pantry. I happened to have half and half in the house for company so I wound up drinking gingerbread martinis. Yum! Christmas in July!

I'll go even one better than that. My sister was visiting from NY and made waffles one morning. She mentioned that she doesn't have a waffle maker so this week I picked up my first Christmas present of the year. I don't think I have ever bought a gift this early before.

• dgkritch
    14 years ago

Nope. We are supposed to be close to 90 degrees this week, pushing 100 next week.
    There's not a bone in my body feeling Christmas-y at all.

But all the recipes on here might change that!! LOL

Deanna

• loagiehoagie
    14 years ago

Bah Humbug!!!!!

• jessicavanderhoff
    14 years ago

I think it would be really fun to have a Christmas in July party. I sniffed a cinnamon candle last night and got a total Christmas craving. I want Turkey dinner, decorations, baked goods, Christmas drinks, the whole nine yards. I'd definitely have to crank up the AC, though!

• JoanM
    14 years ago

I live in South Florida. The AC is always cranking. The posts when people talk about not turning on the oven because it is too hot always crack me up. I am about to go put it on 450 for a pizza and it is blazing hot outside. I just don't go outside in July & Aug. I'll be just fine in the kitchen though. LOL

I still can't get used to shopping for a Christmas tree in shorts. It is wierd, you have to pick one that hasn't been in the sun at all.

• Rusty
    14 years ago

Joanm, I sure can empathize with you. I'm in south Texas, and 85 & 90 degree Christmases just aren't "right"! Don't think there is anything in the world that can bring Christmas to mind with the three digit temperatures we are having now.
    But all those biscotti reipes sure sound good, and it doesn't have to be Christmas to enjoy biscotti and a good cup of coffee.
    Rusty

• caliloo
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Okay gang - I am LOLing at you all!

Actually we got a last minute invitation to a new friends Christmas in July party tomorrow, so I decided to let my energy flow and I made a batch of decorated sugar cookies to go with the biscotti and I dug out a piece of fruit cake from last year that has been fed every couple of weeks with booze to cube up for the dessert plate.

However, I have been asked to bring something "savory" too - and I am at a loss! What is "Christmas-y" but can be eaten at an outdoor picnic when the temps are aproaching 90?!?!?!

The hostess posted on her FB page that she started decorating 3 days ago and has the tree and lights up, it is making me glad I found the wrapping paper with the flamingoes wearing Santa hats for the pollyanna gift.

Any ideas for the savory dish though?????

Alexa

• gardenguru1950
    14 years ago

Annie:

Growing up, all the "biscotti" I ate -- whether made by my mother or my grandmother or any of the dozen or so Italian nonnas in the neighborhood -- were "moist-chewy-crumbly". Not chewy like caramel nor crumbly like pie crust. But not DRY like the biscotti we all buy in markets in the U.S.

That's my kind of biscotti (essentially means "biscuit" in Italian) and not "cracker", which would be the "dry cookie".

In Italy, there are many crackers (dry cookies) that are used for dunking in coffee or wine. Biscotti isn't usually one of them. "Ossi dei Morti" (bones of the dead) is one of them.

I don't know how or when those dried up things found in our markets became known as biscotti but if you like them that texture, go for it.

Joe

• hawk307
    14 years ago

Annie:
    If you have my Pizzelle Recipe, you can use that for Biscotti, just add more flour,
    Make a soft Dough Ball, cut and roll into 2 Logs , place them on an Oiled Cookie Sheet,
    Flatten leaving the center higher and Bake, at 320 Deg.
    for 20 to 25 min. or til the top is Golden.
    I only make the Anise Flavored. That's what they like here.

They are not supposed to be soft.

In fact the Pizzelles are very Crispy.
    They have to be kept in a tight Container.

Alexa:
    We used to have Christmas in July here.
    The woman who owned the Campground, next to our Association
    would dress as Santa and someone
    drove her around,
    giving all the Kiddies toy's.
    She is gone now and no one continued the tradition.
    Lou

• annie1992
    14 years ago

Thanks, Lou.

Joe, I do like those crunchy hard cookies, dunked into coffee. My homemade biscotti just fall apart and end up in a hunk in the bottom of my coffee cup, ruining both my cookie and my coffee!

I guess I'll keep buying them. About twice a year, because Horrock's sells a dried cherry flavor and they last just about forever.

Annie

• lindac
    14 years ago

Here's my biscotti recipe.
    Biscotti Di Prato

3 3/4 C all purpose flour (stirred till fluffy before measuring)
    2 C sugar
    1 tsp double acting baking powder
    1/4 tsp salt
    4 eggs
    2 egg yolks
    1 tsp vanilla ( or 1/2 tsp vanilla and 1/2 tsp almond extract if using
    almonds)
    1 2/3 c almonds or hazel nuts coarse chopped and lightly toasted.
    eggwash

Mix flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
    whisk together eggs, yolks and extracts, add eggs, etc to flour mixture and
    stir until a dough forms (looks like it can never happen... but keep
    working it...it will. I sometimes add a VERY little sprinkling of water)
    add nuts, turn out on a non-stick surface ( I use a marble board or my
    formica rolling board) and knead 3 or 4 times. Divide into fourths and
    shape each piece into a 11 x 2 in. log ( make it "tall" as they flatten
    while baking) Place on buttered and floured baking sheets, brush with egg
    wash (egg yolk whisked with 1 T water). Bake at 350 for 35 min and cool 20
    min. Slice 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick. Place on clean baking sheets ( cut side
    down) and bake 10 or 12 minutes at 275. turn pieces over and bake another
    10 minutes. If you want to make them extra fancy, dip half a slice in
    melted chocolate and sprinkle with finely chopped nuts. You can make bigger
    'scottis by making two thicker logs, but be sure to leave room for spread.

Best dipped in tea or coffee....or best yet in a sweet dessert wine!

good crisp biscotti are made without shortening of any sort, not butter oil nor lard.

As for a savory treat for Christmas in july...it would be way too too funny to bring roast "turkey"...only do a 4 pound chicken....but complete with stuffing!
    Slices of roast chicken make good cocktail snacks

• hawk307
    14 years ago

Annie:
    I might as well put in my Recipe too

Good , Light, Crispy, Delicious, Mouth Watering, To kill for,

LOU'S PIZZELLES or BISCOTTI
    3-X large eggs
    1/2 cup (1 stick ) of melted butter ( not hot )
    3 tablespoons of oil
    1 cup of Sugar + 3 Tablespoons
    4 Teasps. of Anise Extract or 1 Teasp. Anise Oil or
    Try a little less first and adjust, to taste

I use Anise Oil from Fantes of Phila. or
    McCormicks Anise Extract. Others didn't taste right.
    I don't use Vanilla Flavor with Anise.
    It seems to kills the Anise flavor.

1 3/4 cups of flour , add more to thicken
    4 level, teaspoons of Baking Powder
    - - - - - - - - - - -

Mix well, All the ingredients, except the Flour & Baking powder
    Then add them and mix well. If you think the dough is
    too soft add a little more flour.
    I add until the batter peaks , ( a little stiff ) while mixing ,
    and mix with a Tablespoon, to make a soft dough.
    I use a Mellon Scoop, with a trigger release, to measure the dough.

When baking the Pizzelles pile them far away from
    where you are baking.
    Because they are soooo Gooood you will be eating them as you go.
    This will make about 40 Pizzelles, unless didn't listen and piled them too close.
    Then you will have about 3 left and gained 2 lb.
    Save one for me.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    BOSCOTTI

Unless you want all Biscotti.
    I usually make about 18 or 20 Pizzelles, then add more flour to the balance of the Batter.

Enough to make a Soft Dough that doesn't stick to your hands.
    Roll into a log long enough to fit in a cookie tin.
    Leave room for it to grow.
    If there are cracks, shorten the log and roll it out again,
    do this until the cracks dissapear.

Flatten ( about 3 1/4 in. wide )it leaving the center a little higher.

Bake in a 325 Deg. Oven ,until it is a Glden color,
    About 25 to 30 minutes.

Cut th center of the Biscotti diagonally across, so it can be removed easily, on to a Board.
    Slice them while hot 7/8 of an inch (a nickle) and
    separate them, to cool.

When cooled place in a tight container, or else they will get soft.

You can dunk these !!!!! Enjoy !!!
    LOU

• hawk307
    14 years ago

Alexa:
    I forgot !!! Around this time, I used Bake a Turkey with Stuffing and the works.

That's to get rid of the extra turkey in the freezer every year.

Haven't done this since my wife Passed away.

I have a Turkey in the freezer now. Maybe it's time to start, Christmas in July again.
    Thanks, Lou

• Rusty
    14 years ago

Lou's Pizelles are fantastic.

Can't vouch for his Biscotti, somehow all the batter always ends up as Pizzelles.

Rusty

• hawk307
    14 years ago

Rusty: I told you how to. Now it's up to you.

Now that you found a Coffee Pot,

You need to make Biscotti a Lot.

You didn't know I was a Poet!!!
    LOU

• Lars
    14 years ago

If you make biscotti with butter, they will be somewhat chewy. I make a recipe similar to LindaC's in that there is no butter, and they come out crisp, the way I like them. I like the chewy ones too, but I prefer the crisp ones. I only have Italian blood in me from Swiss Italian great-great grandmother that I know of. My French grandmother might also have been part Italian, however.

Lars

• hawk307
    14 years ago

Lars: I hate to differ from you and I don't have to know your heredity but
    using my Recipe with butter, doesn't make a Chewy Biscotti.

And if it is Baked again after Slicing, it will be as Crisp as you like.

I make them mostly for my family and a few CF Members have recieved some.

They would rather have the plain Biscotti with Anise flavor, not the fruit and nut filled.

They like them to snap a little when broken but still soft enough to bite through.
    And not fall apart when Dunked.

So I Cater to them. I'll keep putting in my Recipe.
    If someone uses it , Fine. If not, It's their loss.

If you like the Anise Flavor,why don't you try the Recipe.

You could cut it in half, Then I'll only be Half wrong. lol
    LOU