SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theserialgardener

MNF JULY YARD SALE SWAP (OBF INVITED!) (anyone else too!)

Dan Coates
7 years ago

For July, we MNFers will be having ourselves a community-wide yard sale! I've issued a special invitation to the OBFers because I'm borrowing their idea, and they were gracious enough to let me play with them in their yard last month. The rules are pretty simple and anyone in good trading status can participate.

If you'd like to participate, pick 5 things you'd like to put in your yard sale. You should include at least one plant. (Plant does not mean seeds, bulbs, or starts, it means a total plant, whether it be houseplant, perennial, tree, etc.) In the OBF sale there were items given away such as books, magazines, chocolates, irises, etc. We're going to do the same thing here. When you've decided which 5 things you'd like to put into your yard sale, list them here in this thread, and on the morning of the yard sale, everyone who is participating can come bid on your box of items on a first come, first served basis. If more than one person bids on a box, it will go to the person whose post is first here on the thread.

Here are some dates to remember:

July 15: Last day to post your 5 items and sign-up

July 16: 8am EST, the garage sale opens.

So, go figure out what you'd like to put into a yard sale, make a list, and sign-up!

IF YOU MUST HAVE THE OPTION OF HAVING EARLY SALES: Feel free to list other items and do some side-trading, but remember, those 5 items you post when you sign up will be what you send to the person who chooses your yard sale.

Comments (189)