SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lyfia

How to make a great baked chicken 'nugget' ??

lyfia
12 years ago

I've been trying all kinds of different ways to make a chicken nugget or just breaded chicken that is baked and using either chicken breast or tenders.

I personally like smaller pieces of breaded chicken vs. a whole breast which works well with my 2 year old as well..

The best ones to date that my daughter prefers is made with the store brand (no dairy) of "french fried onions". She does have quite a taste for food and like things that aren't bland which I think my other tries were.

However I'd really like to stay away from buying pre-made stuff (except breadcrumbs).

I've tried adding basil, oregano, garlic powder, and a few other spices, besides salt/pepper, but they still didn't come out that great. Also tried it with coconut - not a big hit.

My reason for baked is I prep things in the am before heading to work, put it in the fridge and then when I get home stick it in the pre heated oven (that I use the delay start on) and get other things ready so we can eat in less than 20 min from walking in the door. I do make extra and freeze for future use too.

Do you have any suggestions for how to improve on a regular breaded to have some more flavor to it? Also how do you get the breading to stick better. I've just been dipping in egg.

BTW it has to be dairy free - so no parmesan cheese.

Comments (14)