SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reno_fan

Anyone remember my cane chairs? In another room now....

reno_fan
15 years ago

I bought this set of cane/leather chairs at a garage sale for $5 each.

They were in my den, but the kids revolted (does that mean they're revolting??!!), saying they're not comfortable for extended XBox sessions and tv viewing, etc.

I've found other chairs for the den (that's a whole different post...), and I moved the cane chairs into my LR to make a small seating section facing the fireplace. I was *shocked* to realize just how much we all loved having a small seating area like this. Our entire family of 5 sat here last night next to the fire, playing card games, one kid on the computer (at the newly painted secretary!) and we just hung out.

But being a RENOvationFAN, I couldn't help but looking at these dusty, tired old chairs, and wondering if I should spruce them up a bit, now that they're in my nicer living room. I love the look of cane chairs painted black, but DH started saying "No way", as the piano is black, the secretary is black, and if the chairs were black, it would be too much. He then muttered something about not having a "segregated living room" and walked away. LOL!

He does have a point, though. I don't want all the furniture on one side of the living room to be black!

I definitely need a fresh set of eyes, as I see these as decidely 70's looking, though I think they could be fabulous.

Leave them wood? Paint them black? Reupholster the seats?

(Not sure whay my malfunction is lately with wanting to paint everything black!)

Comments (33)