SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691726

For those who remember my Olive dining room ...

User
15 years ago

and my pondering going turquoise instead ... I did it! I took it from Laura Ashley Olive #6, which after awhile started seeming really drab and "blah" to me, to Benjamin Moore Venezuelan Sea, which actually seems a bit more true turquoise IRL than the blue that it appears to me in these pics.

**Disclaimer: I'm not seeking input about what I should change in this room. With the exception of the small footstool that's temporarily crammed next to the round table, I'm pleased with this room, and am posting these pics to show the color change, particularly to those with whom I've previously discussed it here.** (OK, so I'm not sure that was necessary, but there you have it.

;-))

Here's the "before" green -- a nice shade, but especially dullsville when no natural light entered the room:

And the after shots. We also switched rugs between the dining and living room, and I like the red-toned rug much better in the dining now.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

I'm still leaning towards doing a colorwash on the golden-gourd colored walls in the adjacent living room, along the lines of what Igloochic has done in her home. That'll have to wait until my arms, shoulders, neck and back recover though ... who knew painting could make a person so darn sore?

Anyway - I'm really pleased at finally having at least one room in my house that wears my all-time favorite color, turquoise. :-)

Comments (61)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21