SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shara54_gw

Will this Craigslist Dining Room Set fit in my Dining Room?

shara54
11 years ago

Hi everyone. I am a newbie and very excited to join you with my first posting. I would appreciate any and all advice you could offer to help solve my decorating dilemma. My living room/dining room (see photos #1 and #2) is one large area - basically a mishmash of different styles of furniture which I've accumulated or inherited over the years.

I saw this Chinese style dining room set (displayed in the third pic) on Craigslist which appears to be in good condition. I would like to replace the marble table I now have with a larger table but does the Chinese style set go with my living room furniture? I was concerned that the addition of an additional color wood, black lacquer, would be too busy.

Another problem is where to place the Chinese style buffet/china cabinet. Although the room is quite large, there is very little wall space since the widest part of the room is all glass sliding doors. If I were to get rid of the large wall unit on the dining room wall, I would have to build bookcases elsewhere in the house to hold all the books that are now in the cabinet. Alternatively, it could be moved behind the sofa on the opposite wall where it would take up the entire wall. Would that be overpowering and would it look bad behind the sofa?. The Chinese buffet piece is about half the size of the large wall unit. and might get lost on the big wall in the dining area. There is also a pretty server piece that comes with the dining set.

Please advise. I am baffled.

Comments (13)