SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maven1975

Fisher & Paykel / Question about units purchased - Good Deal?

maven1975
14 years ago

I went to Lowes today and picked up a WL26CW1 Washer and DE27CW1 Dryer for $539 each after discount.

Back story,

I purchased a set of Whirlpool Duets about 2.5 years ago and have had nothing but issues with them. At the time, they were the top of the line with the heater for sanitary cycles. Our criteria while looking was durability, features and water/electric efficiency. We bumped into the Fisher & Paykel at the time, but the sales person pushed the Duets.

We have had several DL/FP errors, loud vibrations and costly repairs since we made the unfortunate decision on the Duets. (So much for saving money on water and electricity) Today the machine decided to be stubborn again, so we decided enough was enough with the Duets.

Out on the hunt again, we loaded up and went to Home Depot and Lowes to look around at the latest and greatest. It seemed that HD pushed LG and Lowes pushed Samsung. I asked about the steam features in the new sets and most of the people we talked to said it was just and unneeded extra. (Longer cycle times, more energy costs)

While at Lowes I asked about Fisher & Paykel. It seems that they are no longer carrying them in-store and have made the an online only item. However, they had one set left on clearance.

When he gave me the price of $539 each, my jaw dropped. Knowing I was going to take it in the shorts on my Duets, I jumped on the opportunity.

This brings me to my final question, is the new WL37T26CW2 worth the extra $350 over the WL26CW1? I understand that the unit I bought is 1.5 years old, but they were new in the box.

Any thoughts you have on the issues would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County