SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
needanap

fabric softener problem in my Miele

needanap
16 years ago

Have been using my new Miele W/D for a few months now, and I am very happy with them. However, I recently switched from Downy fabric softener to 7th Generation and noticed that it does not get rinsed out of the dispenser cup properly. After the load is finished, there is still goopy fabric softener mixed with a little water sitting in the dispenser. Even after running 2 more loads without adding any more FS, it did not get rinsed away. I pulled the dispenser drawer out to clean it and inspected everything - nothing seems to be obstructed. I have no problem with the detergent, which empties fine.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there something about 7th Generation causing this, or it the timing of the problem just a coincidence? Should I be diluting the FS before adding? Never had to do that with the Downy, and they both seem to be of similar consistency.

How does the FS (or detergent, for that matter) get from the dispenser into the tub? Maybe if I understood how this worked better, I could figure out the problem.

I hope someone can help!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21