SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wildboar_gw

Miele Dishwasher with Water Softener opinions?

wildboar
15 years ago

Our municipal water is about 22-23 grains hardness and the bottom of the line Kenmore "dishrinser" they left in our new home will almost clean the dishes -- forget about leaving anything dirty when you put it in, a thorough rinse is required. On top of that, every time you run the dishwasher you get to play chemist and guesstimate how much detergent, lemishine or glass magic you need to use. Even then, every 3rd time you run the thing it seems to leave problems.

Therefore, I'm looking to jump directly into the Miele Optima to make use of the built in water softener. For those of you that use the Miele's with water softeners, does it work as nicely as you'd think on very hard water? Will I be able to use a normal, small amount of powder on every wash and not have to mix and match extra phosphates to get the job done?

I was considering getting an Asko for about $600 less, but the convenience of having the Miele measure the hardness and do the chemistry seems to outweigh the amount of extra detergent, lemishine and jet-dry you'd need over the course of the 15-20 years these machines are supposed to serve.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County