SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
larsi_gw

New Method Fabric Softener is HORRIBLE

larsi_gw
13 years ago

While I mainly use German Persil or Ariel products, I actually really like Method's somewhat new Pump Dispenser detergents! I have Peony Blossom (my fav one) & Fresh Air. They smell light and clean, and do a really surprisingly great job at cleaning, stain removal, odor removal and freshening!

So today, when I saw the new Pump Dispenser Fabric Softener at Target (all they had was Fresh Air)...I couldn't wait to buy it and try it out!

I did a large load of darks and a medium load of brights/colours using Method's new Fresh Air Fabric Softener. I had to re-wash everything & use Downy April Fresh FS!!

The new Method Fabric Softener is an odd clear/yellowish liquid gel. It does not smell very "Fresh Air" at all. It foamed up inside my Miele Fabric Softener tray, and the clothes were left coated, smelling weird, oddly more wrinkled than normal...and they just felt strange to the touch! I re-washed both loads with Persil Color Gel and Downy April Fresh Softener. All was good again!

I will keep buying the Peony Blossom Detergent (it smells and feels great on towels & sheets)...but this new Method pump dispenser softener is horrible!!!

Comments (6)