SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ntredway_gw

Long, Open Kitchen layout...Help needed!

ntredway
11 years ago

We are building an addition to our current home. The addition includes an extended kitchen which will be open to the family room. We have been working with a kitchen designer, but I am not sure of the layout. I just feel that it will be cramped and am worried about storage. Please take a look at the images and let me know what you think.
I am open to all options, but am hoping for an island and a pantry for large item storage. I have already purchased double ovens, so any plan will need to incorporate those. I like to cook and have been a bit limited due to the lack of storage/flow in the existing kitchen. We are a family of 4 with two active little boys. There are typically two people in the kitchen, but during holidays/special occasions I can have up to 5 helpers. Thanks in advance for any advice!

P.S. Long wall is 29' long. The cutout in corner is ductwork that is being removed. Short wall with cabs is 12' long. The short wall in breakfast area is 15' and the wall with the French doors will on be 5', making the area more open to the family room.

Comments (9)