SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mimi_boo

My mom could use your prayers...

mimi_boo
15 years ago

My poor mom. She's been through so much. I'm afraid her little body won't take much more. Some of you know the situation but for those who don't - she has NPH or Normal Pressure Hydrocephalous. It's excess water on the brain and her particular circumstances don't allow for any treatment. So that condition just worsens over time.

She also has severe eye problems. She's had a cornea transplant, resurgery to fix the stitches and a valve implant (for glaucoma) on her right eye. So much damage over the years - she only has about a 2% vision left in that eye. Now the other eye is giving her more problems and she faces surgery next week. I have taken her to see no less than 8 doctors in two weeks and she still has to see more. All this stress doesn't help the NPH either and I'm afraid I've been less than pleasant to live with as well.

She's had to see her PCP for medical clearance, who did an EKG. She didn't like the result so she is to see her cardiologist tomorrow. Had a chest x-ray this afternoon and will have blood work tomorrow. Ugh... I think I have run out of patience with all this.

All we're trying to do is stabilize the pressure in her left eye to preserve what's left of the vision in that eye.

I'm just beyond frustration. My job has been less than helpful. I don't feel 100% comfortable with my brother taking her to the cardiologist - but that's what has to happen tomorrow. I've missed too much work already this week.

Thanks in advance for letting me vent and for any good thoughts or prayers you can spare.

Barbara

Comments (27)