SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wintertime_gw

Help me use the cycles on my new Miele

wintertime
16 years ago

Hello!

I recently purchased a new Miele 4800 washer. Since the 4840 was considerably more, I chose the 4800 thinking that I wouldn't need the other settings.

I am now confused about what settings to use for maximum performance for different types of washes.

I was reading here that the normal cycle does not use the heater...should I be washing everything on custom or whiter whites?

I was also wondering about the style of agitation...does the whiter cycle agitate things more vigorously? Is the same true for the 'sturdy' setting? Does the white wash use a 'profile' wash that I see people discussing on here?

I can't find any mention of this in my manual, in fact I find the manual really lacking in cycle descriptions. For instance, there is a handwash and a delicate cycle; I can't see any difference between them. Basically there are two cycles for delicates made from synthetics??

Finally, I was wondering how to use a high water setting.

I frequently wash horse saddle pads, which are very dirty, but lightweight. I don't think they are getting enough water, which cycle would be best??

Thank you very much for any advice about the Miele. This is my first front load machine.

Comments (18)