SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
a1an

My DIY Miele Cleaning Cycle - Some Observations

a1an
12 years ago

So after a futile discussion with Miele (to see if they had a firmware update for my 4840 washer for a clean cycle) if not a very thorough email to Miele with no response, I decided to try another ad-hock method.

As the machine was on a custom cycle, on sanitize, I removed the soap bin and fed hot water via a hose into the machine. After a certain period, the machine itself *purged* the the extra hot water out. So I suppose the sensor won't allow the water to go past a certain level.

As well, and maybe this is the reason there is not a cleaning cycle on the unit, is that after doing this, I def have water in my outer door. It's been drip-drip for at least 18 hrs now.... I tried to figure out removing the front bezel to let the water out with my *plastic prybars* with no luck. I can literally shake the door and you will heat the water splashing within the front door.

Based on the video of the 4842 in clean cycle, I suppose the front door on the 4840 is not designed as ~sealed~ as the latter model --- hence no wash cycle firmware update on Mieles part. Then again, I'm surprise/disapppointed that my email to them went into the phanthom zone with nary-nil a response.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus