SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
starlightfarm

Cooking for a crowd, but food needs to be cooked ahead of time...

starlightfarm
14 years ago

I usually do the majority of the cooking when we go to the beach for our family vacation (10 people). I like to plan ahead and have my "menus" before I leave... and even have the majority of the main dish prepared if possible.

Any suggestions on meals that I could prepare at home and freeze prior to vacation?

Two meals that I am thinking about...

Spicy Marinated Roast (sorry, don't know who submitted this recipe, but it has been a favorite of my families for a few years now... I got it off of this forum). The roast is cooked ahead of time, sliced thin and then marinated in this wonderful spicy marinade for 8 hrs prior to serving (just heat up in the oven). This one works great because I can cook it at home on Friday, stick it in the marinade and in the cooler and we eat it on Sunday (don't have to freeze).

I'm also thinking about cooking a large Pork Roast with veggies... that covers a side dish or two since the potatoes, carrots and onions cook along with the meat.

I've done lasagna a few years. I make it ahead of time and freeze it. The kids really love it.... so it may have to stay in my rotation.

Any other ideas? Either a big casserole type dish that I can freeze ahead of time or a fairly easy/simple big dish that doesn't require a lot of prep work. I'll get the majority of the groceries once we get to the beach, so it can be something that I purchase and prepare while I am there.

There will be a few kids there, so I don't want anything "out of the ordinary".

.........Fruit Torte will definitely be on the menu every night!!!!!........... LOL

Comments (10)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County