SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenn_gw

It was a 'chocolate' day!

jenn
13 years ago

Last Friday I received my first-ever package from Chocoley.com, a chocolate-making company I learned about on Facebook. It contained fondue chocolate, and a bottle of their new, still-unnamed chocolate (which I tried later on some ice cream and it is delicious).

Later, I was digging through our pantry looking for chocolate. I found a large, unopened bar of Trader Joe's 72% dark chocolate. I still have no idea how long it was there and why I bought it. Who in their right mind forgets about all that good chocolate?!

But what I was really looking for was the opened box of Scharffen Berger unsweetened chocolate which I planned to use for the chocolate ice cream I would make later that day. Unfortunately there wasn't enough, so we headed to Trader Joe's (where I bought it a few years ago) to buy more.

At TJs, I couldn't find the SB chocolate so I asked a worker if they still carry it. He said no. While I was explaining my intentions to him, a woman customer introduced herself to me as a "chocolate expert" who teaches about chocolate and asked if she could answer my questions. She graciously discussed chocolate and answered my questions for several minutes while my mouth watered and my heart pounded. What are the odds of being in that TJs (there are 3 nearby) at the exact same time and spot as a chocolate expert?! In the end, she suggested a couple of good chocolates we can purchase in the U.S. then pulled one out of her cart --- a big bar of Trader Joe's 72% dark chocolate, the same chocolate I found in our pantry earlier that day!

So, that's what I used to make the chocolate ice cream last weekend. I took some of it to work this week, and watched eyes roll into the back of heads as co-workers muttered "This is killer chocolate ice cream", "MMMmmmmmMMMMMmmmmMMMmmm WOWWWWWWWWWWW...", and (today) "Oh this chocolate ice cream is OMG!!!"

From start to finish, last Friday was Chocolate Day at our house!

Comments (6)